Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Where should I live?

There's a fun website I was told about to find out the best place for you to live considering your tastes and preferences. I decided to try it out to see if SLC is the place for me. It wasn't even in my top 20. The website is www.findyourspot.com I tried to be as honest as possible and this is what came up... I'm not sure how accurate this list is. It doesn't take into consideration location of family. So Denver is my #1 spot... interesting because I've always been drawn to living in Denver. It is my birthplace. Maybe this is a sign? The only deterrant is the fact that I don't have any family there. But its definitely a place I could settle down in. I like the fact that it is close to the mountains and has all the out-doorsy stuff that I like. It has a strong LDS-based community without it being overwhelmingly LDS like Utah is. It has a plethora of ski resorts that actually provide great skiing deals to the locals (unlike Utah) and it has every major professional sporting team. Denver has a great downtown with great shopping and restaurants. Plus, I don't think it gets the nasty inversions during the winter like Salt Lake Valley gets.

1. Denver, CO
2. Seattle, WA

3. Carlisle, PA

4. Cinncinati, OH

5. Knoxville, TN

6. Charleston, SC

7. Kent, WA

8. Fort Collins, CO

9. Tacoma, WA

10. Jacksonville, FL


www.bestplaces.net is a site that shows you the cost of living in any zip code in the US. Handy for seeing how far your paycheck will take you in any of the locations findyourspot tells you is your place of compatibility.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
shopaholic said...

Yes! You should live in Denver. I think it is the greatest city in the U.S.